The CollaborNation® NexGen Collaborative Learning Environment® incorporates social networks, facilitated peer learning opportunities, groups, resource sharing, formal eLearning courses, webinars, reputation points, peer matching and other effective tools to facilitate outstanding peer-to-peer learning that:
- Spreads information through formal or informal social networks
- Involves many-way communication
- Recognizes that every participant can be a teacher and a learner
- Is community- and participant-driven
- Occurs through many levels and communication vehicles.
While traditional Learning Management Systems (LMS) do an adequate job of tracking learner information, test results, certifications, and other pertinent data, they fall short in providing easy to navigate learning environments that incorporate discussion boards, resource sharing and other tools needed for truly effective peer-to-peer learning.